All Our Yesterdays, Ambelin Kwaymullina, Brigid Kemmerer, Cara Lynn Shultz, Crash, Cristin Terrill, Elementals, Half Bad, Kady Cross, Kylie Fornasier, Let the Sky Fall, Lisa McMann, Masquerade, R. J. Anderson, Sally Green, Shannon Messenger, Spellbound, The Girl in the Steel Corset, The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf, Top Ten Tuesday, Ultraviolet, Underrated YA
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This Week’s Topic: Top Ten Underrated books/series in YA
So, basically I interpreted this as ‘books/series that are not as popular as they should be’.
1. All Our Yesterdays, by Cristin Terrill
2. Ultraviolet, by R.J. Anderson
3. Elementals (series), by Brigid Kemmerer
4. Masquerade, by Kylie Fornasier
5. The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf, by Ambelin Kwaymullina
6. Let the Sky Fall, Shannon Messenger
7. Crash, by Lisa McMann
8. Spellbound, by Cara Lynn Shultz
9. Half Bad, by Sally Green
10. The Girl in the Steel Corset, by Kady Cross
Now, this one was hard, because I find it hard to tell what’s popular, and what’s not. So, basically, my rule was to look at the number of ratings on Goodreads. If it had under 20000 ratings, it made the list.
Interesting note: some series had a high number of ratings for the first book, but books 2 and 3 often had significantly lower numbers.