Cassandra Clare, City of Bones, Harry Potter, Heir of Fire, J.K. Rowling, Michelle Hodkin, Sarah J. Maas, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Throne of Glass
So, I have once again been nominated for The Liebster Award. Go me!
This time I have been nominated by the lovely Janna from Writing Visually
So, once again, the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Give those bloggers 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated
And now for the questions:
1. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I’m tempted to answer with Harry Potter. However, I already have those books practically memorised.
So, since you are forcing me to choose, I’m going to say The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin.
2. If your life was a book what would it be called?
The Magical Adventures of Cassie the Weird.
Since it couldn’t be a book, I made it a blog.
3. Who was your first fictional crush?
Harry Potter, I believe.
4. Traditional publishing vs self publishing – which would you choose if you had the choice? And why?
Ok, back to the hard questions.
Probably traditional publishing. Because with self-publishing you have to do all the work yourself and that sounds hard and I’m lazy.
5. Ebooks vs real books? Which wins?
Real Books. Always.
6. Do you read picture books or graphic novels? Why/why not?
Not really, but that’s mainly because other books take up so much of my time.
I’ve got nothing against them, though. I just prefer novels.
7. What are your thoughts on NA (new adult) fiction?
Well, I haven’t really read any NA. However I do see it’s relevance, and I think it’s a good genre to have.
Really, I think of it as YA, but for a different age group. People look down on it, but it has so much potential. Because the generation of kids that made YA so popular are starting to finish high school, so they aren’t relating to those character’s as much, and so we need more books about people leaving school and going off to college, or starting work, etc.
8. What is a book you’ve read purely because of the cover?
Ok, this is hard, because I know there is one.
Oh, wait, I didn’t read Throne of Glass for the longest time because of this cover:
But then people started getting excited for Heir of Fire, and then I saw this cover:
And I was like “WHOA! I have to read that!”
9. What must a book have in it for you to fall in love with it?
Words. Words are good.
But aside from that…it usually needs some sort of paranormal/supernatural/dystopian happenings. I’m not a big fan of contemporaries (unless they rip your heart out and leave you to die…then I seem to like them).
And romance. I love romance.
But otherwise I’m not overly picky. I don’t mind clichés or predictability or similarities to other books. As long as it’s done well, I like it.
10. Are there any movies/TV series out there that you think are better than the books from which they originated?
I haven’t seen any that I would consider better as such.
I thought City of Bones came close, though. Because, while I love that series, I do have some serious issues with it that weren’t as present in the movie.
11. Where is your favourite place to read/write?
My bed is the answer to both.
So, that’s it. I’m not going to bother with the tagging and the questions and things. If you want to consider yourself tagged and answer the above questions, you can go ahead. But otherwise,
Renee Bookboyfriends said:
Well you can see that you’re one of those ‘people who made the YA genre popular and are finding books to relate to’…. 😛 😀
I love the Harry Potter references everywhere…and OMG THAT’S THE OTHER COVER FOR THRONE OF GLASS??? I HAVE SEEN THAT COVER AND THOUGHT THE EXACT SAME THING LIKE, OMG WHAT IS THAT COVER THAT STORY LOOKS WEIRD…OMG THE OTHER ONE IS SO MUCH BETTER!!!! (that’s the cover for the one I’m reading)
HA HA Your life book. XD Love it!
Great post Cassie! Thanks for sharing!
Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer said:
YES YES YES to reading / writing in bed. It’s THE BEST. 🙂
I love the humour your posts always have 🙂
Funny answers 😀