Amy Zhang, Bloodlines, Divergent, Falling into Place, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, J.K. Rowling, Kasie West, Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin, Percy Jackson, Pivot Point, Rick Riordan, Sarah J. Maas, Suzanne Collins, Throne of Glass, Vampire Academy, Veronica Roth
Funny story, this is actually the first thing I was nominated to do (so very long ago). It was also the last tag-thing I had to do, but then Monday’s post got delayed, so there’s on more coming.
I was nominated by Always Opinionated Girl, and now I have to answer these questions:
1. Which fictional character are you most like?
As I said in yesterday’s post, Luna Lovegood.
2. Which fandoms are you in?
Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Vampire Academy, Hunger Games, Divergent, Mara Dyer…
Basically, this is my computer background.
3. What is your favourite book cover?
I love most book covers SO MUCH! I have no idea how I’m supposed to choose.
4. Which 5 books would you take with you to a desert island?
*sobs* Only five!?
I’m going to change this question to ‘series’…
Percy Jackson (including Heroes of Olympus)
Vampire Academy (including Bloodlines)
The Mara Dyer trilogy
Throne of Glass series
5. What is your favourite children’s picture book?
I don’t remember a lot, but I remember loving the Franklin books.
And my favourite one I’ve read recently is Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, and Grumpy Little King.
6. What do you like most and like least about book blogging?
Like Most- talking about books with people who understand books’ awesomeness.
Like least- The time consumingness (which is totally a word)
7. When was the last time you cried reading a book?
I cry very easily in books, but the most recent read that made me cry was Falling into Place, by Amy Zhang.
8. Which book are you most embarrassed to say you haven’t read?
I’m not embarrassed about not reading books…because it’s almost always a case of ‘haven’t read it…yet’.
Although some people act like I should be ashamed that I’ve read no John Green.
9. Why and when did you decide to start your blog?
I’d wanted to start for a few years, but I didn’t really get into it until earlier this year, shortly after #PTALive Sydney
10. What are three things about you that not many people know?
I find these questions hard, because I never know what to say…
a) I used to play muggle Quidditch, but quit because it was too social.
b) I love pop music from the late 90s, early 00s.
c) I got twitter so that I could enter a book giveaway, which I didn’t win.
11. What one book would you recommend I read?
Only One!?!? Probably The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin. Or Pivot Point, by Kasie West.
Ok, now I’m supposed to nominate people to complete another 11 questions.
I think we’ve established that I’m lazy, and so instead of nominating specific people, I’m just going to say, if you want to do this, then go ahead.
And these are the questions:
1. How did you get into blogging?
2. Which types of books do you prefer (ebook, audiobooks, ‘real’ books, etc.)?
3. How do you sort your bookshelves (alphabetically, rainbow, genre, etc.)?
4. What’s your opinion on ebooks, kindles, etc. (love them, hate them, indifferent)?
5. Do you prefer buying books, or borrowing them from the library, friends, etc.?
6. Would you buy a book after you’ve read it?
7. Do you like owning complete series? Or are you happy to only own 1 or 2 books from a series (and borrow the rest)?
8. Do you ever DNF (Did Not Finish) books? If so, do you write DNF reviews?
9. Have you ever read the end/last page of a book early, just to see how it ends? Or have you ever looked the ending up on wikipedia (or a similar website)?
10. Have you ever been waiting for a book, only to accidentally read a massive spoiler online before you could get to read it?
11. What are some books that you would recommend to anyone/everyone?
If you’re lazy, like me, or if you’ve already done it, then just choose one or two of the above questions and answer it in the comments.